A Devotion Prayer that can make you sinless at the hour of death



Prayer of St. Vincent Ferrer to be Sinless at the Hour of Death

Lord Jesus Christ, who wiliest that no man should perish, and to whom supplication is never made without the hope of mercy, for Thou saidst with Thine own holy and blessed lips: "All things whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, shall be done unto you"; I ask of Thee, O Lord, for Thy holy name's sake, to grant me at the hour of my death full consciousness and the power of speech, sincere contrition for my sins, true faith, firm hope and perfect charity, that I may be able to say unto Thee with a clean heart: Into Thy hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit: Thou hast redeemed me, O God of truth, who art blessed forever and ever. Amen.
(Indulgence of 3 years once a day.)


Seven Petitions to St. Vincent Ferrer
(May be said every Friday.)

First Prayer: Most faithful St. Vincent, Thou who with so much zeal extended the faith of Jesus Christ, grant, I pray Thee, that uniting my works to my faith, I may have, like Thee, a living faith; that till the last moment of my life, I may desire to live and die in the faith which Thee had, and that, like Thee, I may be able to say to my Lord: "I believe, O Lord, I believe."

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

Second Prayer: O most amiable St. Vincent, grant that after Thine example I may unite my hope to my faith, resting solely on the bounty of the Lord. And though I own myself unworthy, on account of the numberless sins which I have committed, yet I nourish in the depth of my heart a firm hope of being able to bless and extol throughout eternity, the mercies of my God.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

Third Prayer: O most good and kind St. Vincent, Thou who are all inflamed with charity, obtain for me the grace to love God above all things, that burning with a holy love, I may never offend my God through interest, or for the sake of any worldly pleasure; but that I may for ever love Him, and implore His Divine Love. "Diligam te, Domine: diligam te, virtus mea" (Psalm xvii. 2).

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

Fourth Prayer: O most humble St. Vincent, Thou who have the most profound sentiments of humility, obtain for me from our Lord, I beseech Thee, this virtue, that I may forever fix my thoughts on my misery, my imperfections, and my nothingness. Grant that I may never be assailed by pride, and that, in order to keep myself humble and little in my own estimation, I may have always present to my mind, this great truth, "God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." "Deus superbis resistit, humilibus autem dat gratiam" (James iv. 6).

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

Fifth Prayer: O most pure St. Vincent, who until death preserved unstained the beautiful lily of Thy virginity, vouchsafe that I may keep my mind pure in the sight of God, that I may have a horror of every impure thought, and that, through your intercession, God may grant my prayer. "Create a clean heart in me, O God, and renew a right spirit within my bowels." "Cor mundum crea in me, Deus, et spiritum rectum innova in visceribus meis" (Psalm 1. 12).

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

Sixth Prayer: O great St. Vincent, Thou who were a martyr of penitence, obtain for me from God the spirit of compunction and a true sorrow for my sins, that I may weep over them, and detest them with a truly contrite heart, and that I may thus receive God's pardon of them, which I humbly implore. "A contrite and humble heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise." "Cor contritum et humiliatum, Deus, non despicies" (Psalm 1. 19).

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

Seventh Prayer: O St. Vincent, Thou who wrought such wondrous miracles, Thou will never reject the humble supplications of those who consecrate themselves to Thy worship. I beseech Thee to be my Protector in life and in death. In life to help me in my necessities; in death to assist my soul, that it may attain eternal salvation, and that thus, having glorified God through Thee on earth, I may glorify Him with Thee in heaven, forever and ever. Amen.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.


Prayer to Restore Health to the Sick, and to Perform Other Miracles.

The prayers which St. Vincent was accustomed to use before working miracles consisted of certain words drawn from the holy Gospel, in order to excite faith, or else other prayers, such as the following:

These signs shall follow them that believe: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover. May Jesus, the Son of Mary, the Savior of the world, Who hath brought thee to the Catholic faith, preserve thee therein, and make thee blessed, and vouchsafe to deliver thee from this infirmity. Amen.

The prayer which he recited over persons possessed was as follows:

These signs shall follow them that believe: "In My Name they shall cast out devils." May Jesus, the Son of Mary, the Savior and Master of the world, Who hath brought thee to the Catholic faith, preserve thee therein, and make thee blessed, and vouchsafe to deliver thy body from the devil. Amen.

In this way did St. Vincent excite faith and devotion in himself and in those who were desirous of miracles, rendering glory to God, and effecting the salvation of his neighbor. He left to posterity the formula of these prayers to obtain the health of the sick.


Litany of St. Vincent Ferrer

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary,
Pray for us. *

Holy Mother of God, *
Holy Virgin of virgins, *
St. Vincent, glory of Valencia, *
St. Vincent, lily of purity, *
St. Vincent, miracle of piety from childhood, *
St. Vincent, interpreter of the Holy Trinity, *
St. Vincent, pearl of virginity, *
St. Vincent, burning light of charity, *
St. Vincent, mirror of penance, *
St. Vincent, trumpet of eternal salvation, *
St. Vincent, flower of heavenly wisdom, *
St. Vincent, preacher of the holy Gospel, *
St. Vincent, powerful in work and word, *
St. Vincent, apostle of the universe, *
St. Vincent, prophet of Christ Who is to come, *
St. Vincent, most devout to the Mother of God, *
St. Vincent, ever most pious, *
St. Vincent, most fervent reconciler of souls, *
St. Vincent, most bountiful to the poor, *
St. Vincent, most learned teacher, *
St. Vincent, most holy preacher, *
St. Vincent, most firm under every temptation, *
St. Vincent, most illustrious by miracles, *
St. Vincent, cherished by Jesus Christ, *
St. Vincent, most addicted to prayer, *
St. Vincent, burning for the salvation of souls, *
St. Vincent, true model of humility, *
St. Vincent, confessor filled with knowledge, *
St. Vincent, most powerful resuscitator of the dead. *
St. Vincent, love of the faithful of God, *
St. Vincent, support of the holy faith, *
St. Vincent, health of the sick, *
St. Vincent, master of penitents, *
St. Vincent, refuge of the afflicted, *
St. Vincent, star of those who hope in God, *
St. Vincent, brightness of the elect, *
St. Vincent, conqueror of devils, *
St. Vincent, companion of angels, *
St. Vincent, treasure of virtue, *
St. Vincent, sight of the blind, *
St. Vincent, hearing of the deaf, *
St. Vincent, speech of the dumb, *
St. Vincent, consolation of the desolate, *

We sinners beseech thee hear us.
That thou wouldst vouchsafe to obtain for us an increase of faith and devotion.
We beseech thee hear us. **

That through thy merits, we may be made participators of eternal beatitude. **
That through thy holy prayers, we may obtain the pardon of our sins. **
That through thy holy intercession, we may merit to become true children of Mary. **
That through thee, we may be delivered from all evils of soul and body. **
That thou wouldst vouchsafe to obtain for us before death a true repentance and **
That thou wouldst vouchsafe to intercede for us. **

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world:
Spare us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world:
Graciously hear us, O Lord.

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world:
Have mercy on us, O Lord.

V. Pray for us, Blessed Vincent.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us Pray:

O God, Who by the salutary preaching of Blessed Vincent, Thy confessor, didst mercifully call the multitude of the people to the ardor of Thy love and to the fear of the terrible judgment, grant, we beseech Thee, that through his merits and intercession, we may stand secure at that awful judgment, and enjoy Thy promises in eternal beatitude. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.


Powerful Prayer to Saint Vincent Ferrer

MY most glorious father Saint Vincent, my most loving benefactor, convinced of the glory and power that Thou enjoy before God, and that Thy exercise on behalf of all Thine true devotees, and animated also with great confidence in Thine powerful patronage:
I HUMBLY kneel before Thine holy image, like a son before his loving father, like a poor vassal before his generous king, like an afflicted patient before his compassionate physician. See me me here kneeling at Thy blessed feet, full of sorrow and sadness, sickness and misery, indeed, full of all kinds of needs of both soul and body. To Thee I recourse with all my faith and with confidence so that Thou may deign to heal me, removing from me my anguishes and granting me the favors that I ask of Thee.

HELP me, therefore, my powerful and clement Holy one; heal me of the ailments that afflict me; obtain for me from God the grace to convert wholeheartedly to Him and to serve Him to death; comfort me and encourage me in all my works with Thine holy assistance; deliver me from all dangers that surround me everywhere, and preserve me always in the health of soul and body that I need so that, in this way, I may be able to fulfill the divine commandments and obligations of my own state, and may also continue to honor Thee with a fervent devotion and with all my most tender gratitude for Thy kindness and goodness, being as a true father for me.
LISTEN to me, my Holy One, graciously accepting my cries and, by granting me the favors that I ask of you and which I wait for, grant me also the great bliss of imitating you in your precious virtues, especially in love to Jesus Christ, our Divine Redeemer, in charity towards my neighbours, in the mortification of my senses, in tender and constant devotion to our most beloved Mother, the Most Holy Virgin of the Rosary, and, finally, in the continuous meditation of my death and of the tremendous day of judgment. So be it. Amen

Pray three Our Fathers, Hail Marys and Glorias for all the necessities of the devotees of Saint Vincent Ferrer

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

REVELATIONS MADE BY THE SIX DEMONS DURING THE EXORCISM OF ANNELIESE MICHEL

A GLIMPSE OF PURGATORY by Sister M. de L.C., written from 1874-1890

Saint Vincent Ferrer Tells How Only a Few Among Thousands Were Saved at God's Judgment Seat